Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Brigdestone Trail Wing TW101 & TW152 Tires

BMW F650GS motorcycle with Bridgestone TW101 front tire
Happy new year!

The new year have also brought in a new set of tires for my BMW F650GS in the form of two new Bridgestone Trail Wings (TW101-front) and (TW152-rear). I think it was a pretty good deal for these tires, coming in under $200 for both tires.

Bridgestone TW101 front tire

Bridgestone TW152 rear tire
The reason I chose the Bridgestone Trail Wings was because of their tread patterns. Being that I've ridden mountain bikes for the last 20 years I figure a bit more tread would be nice if I decided to take that "road less taken."

I enlisted my brother's help and it took us about 3 hours to get the tires on the rim, balanced and back on my F650GS. Not too bad really, for just using basic levers and soapy water to get the job done. At times like these it's not so much how long it took to get the work done, but it's the brotherly bond that's truly time well spent.

I have to admit the Trail Wings are a lot noisier than my previous Metzelers. At around 40 mph the noise starts and as the bike get faster it gets noisier. The price you pay for a bit of off road performance. I'm hoping that with some wear the noise would also subside. Other than that minor aspect, at freeway speed (I've taken it up to 85 mph), they perform beautifully on the F650GS.

Here's to the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment