Thursday, August 27, 2009

Motorcycle gear

Riding a motorcycle is a lot of fun but for me I know that I'm not invulnerable. So the right protection is must. I don't want to just look fashionable when I ride, but also able to survive the possible motorcycle mishap/accident to ride again. I figure I enjoy it far too much to be incapacitated after one crash, never to ride again.

I make sure I have a good helmet, a good motorcycle touring jacket with at least denier 750 (anti-tear) with CE level 1 armor or better for my back, shoulders, elbows and forearms. Pants made of at least the same material for abrasion resistance (even if it gets a little hot) and also padded with at least CE level 1 armor for the knees and hips. Boots with ankle support for protection against twisting or the weight of the motorcycle landing on my leg if I crash. And leather motorcycle riding gloves to protect my hands if I put them out to break my fall.

Only then do I feel that I'm ready for the road or trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment