Friday, August 28, 2009

My BMW F650ST motorcycle

The way that the BMW F650ST motorcycle was originally configured is hard for anyone small in stature to fully touch their feet on the ground. So the gal who had sold the motorcycle to me had tailored the seat to fit her wider hips and had even lowered the seat for a more comfortable ride. Unfortunately, being of small stature myself and "inseam challenged" the wider seat doesn't help me a bit. The seat gets in the way of my thighs and I'm forced to tippy-toe anyway. Although I admit, it is a comfortable saddle being tailored to women.

Other than that, my BMW F650ST motorcycle is a very good ride. Built in 1997 it is a carbureted bike with a 650cc engine (652cc to be exact) that is liquid cooled. The "ST" is the street version of the F650 series motorcycle. And this series is probably the first in BMW's "Funduro" line.

My F650ST motorcycle has a 5-speed transmission and a 4-gallon fuel tank (3 gallons before having to switch to the 1 gallon reserve). This motorcycle series doesn't have a fuel gauge so the only way to keep track of fuel level is to reset the odometer after you re-fuel... that is, if you know what your gas mileage is. Mine is about 50 miles per gallon, approximately 150 miles before having to switch to reserve, but this is entirely dependent on how you drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment