Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Arai XD3 helmet

Since I'm going over a number of my equipment, I wanted to mention my Arai XD3 motorcycle helmet. I have ridden with the XD2 helmet and have to admit that it could be a bit noisy at higher speeds even with my earplugs in. That, however, has been remedied with the Arai XD3 motorcycle helmet. It is a lot more quiet even with the peak visor attached!

That brings me to the next point... the new visor on the XD3 has been re-designed new vent openings for better airflow over both the face shield and helmet. It looks even more integrated to helmet than the prior version and the proof is that there are less whistling noises, hence making a more comfortable ride.

The helmet vents for Arai XD3 are in the same positions as that for the XD2, but this time around Arai included fairings that allow more airflow into and out of the helmet. The result is a slightly different look and better efficiency. I have ridden with this helmet up to 85 mph, only then did I actually feel that wind tugging. Mind you, I do have a tall windscreen... for a rider exposed directly to that slipstream the wind resistance on his motorcycle helmet may prevent him from reaching such speed. Nevertheless, I feel the new Arai XD3 motorcycle helmet is a good improvement over the old XD2 for its comfortable and noise quieting features.

No comments:

Post a Comment