Tuesday, September 22, 2009

BMW F650GS windscreen spoiler (update)

I was in the San Joaquin Valley over the weekend for the annual family gathering.

It was a trip I was supposed to travel with my brother and his family via automobile, but as luck would have it his car was making lots of strange noises so he canceled the car trip, left his wife and kids home. The kids were disappointed but we figured there's always Thanksgiving...

At the last minute my brother decided that we'll make the trip on our motorcycles. Being of short notice I slapped together a few things (it helps having prior experience packing for long trips) check over my BMW motorcycle and head out. I figure it'd be a good test ride with my new spoiler also since I haven't touched my motorcycle after I've mounted it.

I have to admit this new spoiler is much better than the old one. It's much quieter and seem to be able to keep the wind off of me a lot better. As a test, at one point while passing a line of cars I took the BMW to 90 mph and it worked beautifully. Kudos for the new Laminar Lip! It is a marked improvement over the older design.

No comments:

Post a Comment