Monday, September 7, 2009

EMGO trunk

To increase my ability to carry extra clothing, tools, etc., I decided to go with the EMGO motorcycle trunk for my F650ST. The trunk that I bought was at a very affordable price, around $60. The kit came with an ABS plastic trunk that's 16.5"W X 12"D X 11"H (large enough to fit my helmet), an adaptor plate, 2 rails, fasteners (screws and nuts), keys for the trunk and instructions.

The instructions that came with my kit were a bit lacking with regards to adapting it to a BMW motorcycle... as you can see here. The fasteners and adaptor plate gave me a bit of trouble when trying to mount it to my BMW F650ST motorcycle but with a little bit of playing and reversing the screws, I was able to get everything to work. Even with the "finagling" the whole process took about 30 minutes, not too bad.

Looks pretty good too! The last step I did was to add Solas reflector tapes to my trunk for cars to be able to see me better at night.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review. It was helpful to me, as I am planning to get some storage for my mom's scoot. This looks like the right product, at the right price.

    ReplyDelete