Friday, September 11, 2009

The F650GS, my new BMW motorcycle

Just about middle of 2008 I switched to a more capable BMW motorcycle, the F650GS. The F650GS that I got is another used motorcycle. I guess I really don't mind used motorcycles as long as I know their backgrounds. This one is a 2005, a bit newer than my BMW F650ST.

Still a "650" but there is quite a big difference between the 1997 F650ST motorcycle, a road species, and the 2005 F650GS, a more "all around" motorcycle series. I must admit the BMW F650GS is a totally different "animal." It rides very differently than the older ST with its center of gravity being lower thanks to the fuel tank being positioned under the seat instead of located between the rider and the handle bar (as in standard motorcycles). This newer 650 series also has a "Dakar" version that is more capable off road, and some of these motorcycles had taken part in the Paris-Dakar races.

Needless to say I was ready to try out my BMW F650GS motorcycle and take it touring.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, maybe you want another one of that BMW F650 GS bike? I am selling mine, or if you know someone who wants to buy I am selling my BMW F650GS.

    ReplyDelete